Monday, February 9, 2009

Good Weekend

I had a great weekend.

Friday night I watched a very funny movie called "Burn After Reading". I definitely recommend it.

On Saturday, the weather finally got less "ass biting cold" and I was able to go out and about without bundling up. I think things are just so much more comfortable when it's warmer out. There is more of a bounce in my step.

After a trip with my mom to the dump to get rid of some old electronics, we went to the Pennsylvania Dutch Market in Cockeysville . I have never been here before, and it was very interesting. They had delicous food and it was good to spend some time with my mom.

I came home and got to spend a little time with my wife and kids, before my wife went out with the girls for the night and I had a couple of good friends over to play darts and have a few cocktails.

Sunday was spent relaxing on the couch, eating junk food (my cheat day) and watching TV.

I really have no point to this blog, but just to point out that weekends can be as simple as this and still be everything a guy could want in a weekend. It's the little moments that show you what to be thankful for. No one would ever mistake my lifestyle for the rock-n-roll high life. But I realized this weekend that all I really need is to be around loved ones, good friends, and a spritz of 'not-so-bad' weather to have the time of my life.

1 comment:

squimbs said...

I saw that movie a couple weeks ago too...Jesse and I watched "Notorious" last night.